Thursday, October 29, 2009

Inaugural Post

I have long thought I wanted to do a blog, but I couldn't decide what I would write about. After all, who would want to read my ramblings? I finally decided that since I enjoy reading the "ramblings" of others, surely someone would enjoy mine. And if not, it will serve as an outlet for me to compose some of my random thoughts.

So now the question, what should be the focus of my blog? I look at my life and see that I have so many things to be thankful for, but I don't always take the time to notice them all. I decided I would use this as a vehicle to be more conscious of my blessings, which led me to title the blog "Conscious Gratitude."

I have been recently reminded through the trials of one of my husband's co-workers that I take for granted my health and that of my family. So, for my first post, that is the subject of my gratitude. I have three beautiful children who are all healthy and thriving, a husband who has never had any serious health issues, and myself who, other than a routine gall bladder removal, has only been in the hospital to give birth to my aforementioned children. We have such a blessed life.



I hope to use this blog as a challenge to myself to be more aware of the countless things I have to be thankful for in my life, and look forward to perhaps inspiring you to become more consciously grateful.




No comments:

Post a Comment